Friday, August 27, 2004

So I'm doing alright with regards to the breakup. Mainly I'm annoyed with the lack of sympathy from newly "cool college kids" but heck, that's why I live where I live!
The air conditioning broke down today but by the time I had gotten back to the hall it was back up in the rooms (and so strong!) but not the kitchen. The meal freezer also was off, so the maintenence man told me... so hopefully the food will be ok even if it might have thawed a bit (yikes!), and to top it all off we have no hot water! On the good end of things though, Alisha is running for food board chair!!! Yayayayayay!
Last night was the greatest, even if it was late. Sara and I were studying in our room with the door open on the hallway. We kept hearing laughing and yelling and screams etc... so finally went out to look what was going on. It sounded like a terrific party or something. Down on the second floor were a bunch of the girls playing baseball with the little bat and whiffle ball we gave everyone at the beginning of the year. Baseball in a narrow hallway... it was so much fun. I can't hit, but Anna sure can! At one point she whacked the ball and it came straight at me and hit hard on my leg... it even left a mark that is still fainly visible this afternoon! And she was hitting with one arm only (she's gimpy on the other currently). So strong! But we all laughed and continued our play. At one point Sara and I had this massive collision too. She was headed for home and I for 1st base. Somewhere in the middle was Erika who had the ball and was trying to tag someone. Well, we ended up flying everywhere (it is a fairly narrow hallway, afterall, and we were running) in a spectacualr explosion of arms and legs.
It was great:) Then loopy day was just before midnight. Pearson was running from hall to hall and boy was that a site to see. It was a massive (well, somewhere around 50) rush of men coming at our hall singing the Loopy Day song (or something). That was something.
So tonight Hannah is coming over for dinner and then we'll go over to her place to watch a movie. Then I'm coming back to go to Troy at the Union. What fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, anytime you want to get together, let me know...things should slow way down in like a week or two for me.