Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A New Year!

With some of the texts I've been reading lately, while I'd like to make a whole plethora of goals (not resolutions... goals are measurable!), I've been learning that humans have limited willpower and if I want to be successful I need to be measured in my approach to the new year. Makes sense, because for a goal to be successful it also needs to be measured.

So, my goal for the new year is:

I will commute to work alternatively at least 4 days per week. At least one day per week will be walking to work.

I figure this could take care of some of those health-related resolutions by also saving me money and helping the environment. I've been bothered lately because I was selected to be a member of the Wild Ride team because of my commitment to commuting without a single-occupancy vehicle. Well, I've been doing incredibly badly at this, and yet have been getting some great gear and fun stuff for free because of this "commitment" I'd made.

So far so good! I've done great the first two days of commuting. Tomorrow I'm planning on walking because I have some checks to cash and movies to return. And no Girl Scouts tomorrow because of the Cookie Rally on Thursday instead.

Anyways... onward to a great new year! I'm young and happy and single and loving life!

No comments: