Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Naomi! I guess you're pretty busy... here I've got this great website you can post on now and not a word from you! (just giving you a hard time!).

So last Wednesday I mailed in my internship application to Stanford (which is in Palo Alto, CA apparently) and received this email today:

"Heather,
We were very impressed by your credentials, and we have short-listed you for the upcoming internship opportunity at CESD-Stanford. As such, I would very much like to conduct a phone interview with you sometime during the next few days.
Please let me know your availability during business hours for the following dates: Friday, April 28; Monday, May 1; and Tuesday, May 2. And, please submit a phone number where you can be reached during those times. With this information, I will arrange to speak with you for twenty minutes.
I will then notify you by Friday, May 5 as to whether or not you have beenawarded the internship position.
I look forward to talking with you soon.

Best,
Geraldine
Stanford Coordinator
Center on Ecotourism and Sustainable Development"

It's really exciting, provided that if I get it I can pay for housing this summer. A great opportunity, but really, whether I get it or not, they are impressed with my credentials, with ME! Stanford!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woooooooooooooo! That's so awesome, Heather! Best of luck with the interview!

I have most definitely read Philip Pullman (did you know they are making the Golden Compass a movie?)! I've never heard of this Barron fellow, but after looking at his website, I think I would enjoy his books as well!

Naomi said...

Okay, no fair, I commented on your last post! But I notice that it hasn't ben posted to your blog yet . . . maybe these aren't getting to you. I think I'm going to email you a copy just to make sure . . .

Naomi

P.S. I really hope you get the Standford job! Yay for being short-listed! :D