Sunday, January 02, 2005

It's a new year! Woo! 2004 was a crazy, fun-filled, completely packed and entirely eventful and life-changing year. Wow. 2005 had better be as good. If it isn't, hopefully I'll at least continue getting to know the newer confident me.

Sadly the graduate school apps aren't in yet. KU's is almost completely done, and the application has actually been sent it, but the rest of the materials have to go. The other schools require a modification to the KU essay and also applying and sending in the additional materials. I should be able to get it done tomorrow AND visit the dentist. Given that my car starts. I think it is just a bit too cold for my poor little car. On the plus side, it now gets to live in the garage. The downside is why. Thursday Mom, Sam and I were headed up the Poudre Canyon to go cross-country skiing. We ended up hitting some black ice and to make a long story short (and my eyes were firmly closed!) we tipped the SUV into the ditch on the side of the road. Only on the side, it wasn't technically a roll-over accident. Anyway, we're all here and the car doesn't appear to be THAT damaged (oh please let it not be). And the crazy thing is, only bruises, no cuts (though two windows broke), no breaks, no hospital visits, and the rented skis in the back seat were un-damaged. I have a feeling we won't be skiing this winter, partly because of the missing SUV, but also it seems like an omen. I am so thankful though. I can still picture the car in my mind, still feel what I felt when I opened my eyes. You don't think these things actually happen to YOU, but they do.

As to the relationship. It sucks being far away, on relationship 'pause.' I had a freak-out last week. I suddenly felt kinda annoyed, and I felt like I'd lost the spark and that I maybe didn't like him. I was really worried. I mean, this is me afterall. I was worried I'd hurt the poor guy, because it seems like he is really into me. All it took was a bit of time, and I also talked with Laura and things are better now. I just get scared. However, now I'm worried that I said something to turn him away from me. Go figure. I don't know how this works and I'm no good at it, but I thought it might get a bit easier. I wish I was back in Lawrence.

But, no simpathy. I'm actually doing quite fine. Life is good, I can't complain. I'm here, healthy, unbroken, and relaxing. Or I will be once I get the apps done! Adios

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lawrence is actually quite boring with everyone gone! Except for b-ball =) I'm so glad you're okay. Man, that sounds like it was a very scary moment...Enjoy your break, Miss Heather! I miss ya.

Posted 1/2/2005 at 10:40 PM by steph421