Tuesday, June 14, 2005

OK, so the weekend is over. Well, the weekend and Monday, it was like an extended weekend. Sunday after I worked we ate at Big City Burrito (yum!!) and then went up Horsetooth to watch the sunset. That was sweet. Monday we hiked over 10 miles, it rocked but I am so paying for it today. We hiked 4 miles round-trip to Gem Lake before lunch, chilled and ate lunch in Estes Park, bought some fudge and then went to hike Twin Sisters. Twin Sisters is 11,4-- feet. We made it to above treeline, but by then it was 5pm, had taken us 2 hours to get to that point, and we were both hurting. Poor Jason having just come from Kansas too... his lungs didn't like what we were doing to them with all the hiking. I shouldn't have taken him up that high, but he was so determined to get to the top. Anyways, we stopped at 5pm and hiked down, which only took till 6:30. Then we drove back to the Fort and bought a pizza and crashed at the apartment. I now know what "bone tired" is. I don't think I've ever felt that tired, and it was also probably due in part to his emminent departure.
So then he left...
and I went to work. Nothing like a bit of work and crying in front of your supervisor to "get over" a boy. Lol. That and low-fat ice cream (that tasted super good, so no guilt and all the pleasure!) and a meal with your sister can work wonders. At least for a little while.
Good news though! I may be getting a third job at the CSU bookstore. They called back and I may get an interview! It sounded like they thought I was way qualified. Sweet!
I'm off to do something important... or go watch one of the many movies I have checked out from the library and eat more ice cream.
oh yeah... on Saturday before the madness Laura and I hung out at Taste of Fort Collins, had some great food and wine, got henna tattoos and listened to some music. There is nothing better than outdoor music. It was a great day:)

No comments: