Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Currently Reading
Cartoon Guide to Physics
By Larry Gonick, Art Huffman

The new job...
A nice environment. My own office with two computers. I can do pretty much anything with it as far as Brian has mentioned. He likes saying "We can do that... We're the Little Shop of Physics, we can do anything." It should be encouraging, but I have a feeling he's realizing I don't really know Final Cut Pro all that well (and I never told him I did). An annoying feeling. Kenn is nice, he's one of the other workers, kinda second in charge. He likes to walk around barefoot.
The other interns (3) arrive next week. I'll feel better then when there are other people around who haven't worked at the LSOP before. I can only hope that the other interns are also not all physics students, because that would make me a way minority, especially not liking physics in the first place. lol

But, I love the simple science they do, and the tv show (Everyday Science) is about science and basic scientific principles that I DO know (it would be worrysome if I didn't!).
You wouldn't think life was all that different just a few months out of school and on my own. I couldn't have believed the difference, and not just in daily activities. It seems like a shift in my mindset too. I feel more alone than before, and I also feel, well I guess kinda scared or intimidated. Fortunately I am continuing my education, but still the realization that I'll be working the rest of my life, and now for an actual REASON, is staggering. I guess all I can say is thank goodness for having people to talk to about it. So thanks Naomi, Jenny and Ryan. You guys make being a twentysomething easier.

Tomorrow: Dentist appt and a NRRT graduate student meeting and get to know you BBQ! I made the most amazing cake:)

No comments: