Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I'll be visiting Kansas this weekend. I'm glad, it will be nice to be back where people know me and like me (not that they don't know me or like me here). You guys just have more experience with me! Probably not the best idea all around... visiting there could bring back the idea that I don't have near as many good friends in CO. Also, it may be bad for me academically... what with there being so much reading I have to do. So I've got this uneasy feeling in my stomach which persists and make me think I'll drive off the road or something on the way there, as if I haven't made this trip many times before. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be going and so amazed and greatful that so many of my friends are excited to have me come and visit and spend time with them. But it could be a bit painful. Meh.

I think I may have an idea of a 'problem' I'd like to study for my graduate program. It's not the area I had expected... tourism... but given I have no experience in either ecotourism or protected area management it's something that I've actually come up with a question I'd like to help solve. I figure from what I've heard of ecotourism too, that the concepts surrounding what makes it ecotourism could be applicable to general parks management in some areas. So, even if I don't want to have a career in ecotourism, perhaps the knowledge is transferrable?
Or maybe I'm just over-rationalizing
oh, and I'm going to audit the undergrad class I'm in so I dont' have to do the homework, take the tests and can to an extent come and go with different classes.

No comments: