Monday, September 05, 2005

Currently Listening
A Picture of Nectar
By Phish


back from an incredibly amazing weekend! I got to hang out with all my favorite people, and also my new favorite dog. I stayed with Ben and Steph so Steph and I had plenty of time for late night talks similar to when we roomed together and often lost hours of sleep for all the talks we had late at night. I love that girl! Friday night amazingly we ran into most of the people I wanted to see at Southwind theatre during the blackout, so we all went out to Chili's and had some drinks and nachos and chatted.

On Saturday we took Maggie to the dog park at Clinton. Maggie is the Bammes' new dog who is the cutest ever and is one of the few dogs that doesn't scare me. Then we went swimming, and traveled to the game ridiculously early. We had some nice seats, but I think sitting out in the hot humid weather for so long having just gotten to KS and not aclimating myself first was a bit too harsh of a thing to do. I'm still tired. Sunday I saw my Hannah and we ate lunch together and talked forever about things we normally talk about;) She's working with AmeriCorps/VISTA now and gets to be a part of the new center for service learning at KU. WOO to that! Then a bunch of us went to The Constant Gardener. An amazing movie, the cinematography was really interesting and done well throughout. Thought-provoking to say the least, despite being fictional.

And now I'm home to an empty house for a few weeks! This evening I watered the plants and did laundry and made dinner. Now I'm finally sitting down to study.

There's the laundry-list for the weekend. kinda boring, I know. :) 'night!

Thank you again so much for coming!! We all had such a great time. Maggie smiled at your entry :)
Posted 9/6/2005 7:19 AM by steph421

It was good to see you too! Hope things go well in the big CO, and good luck on that Peace Corps app!=)
Posted 9/7/2005 12:16 AM by Shannona

No comments: