Sunday, September 18, 2005

Currently Listening
Elevation
By Yonder Mountain String Band

When did I become one of those people that goes to church retreats?

What I loved about it though was the focus on spirituality rather than relaxing and reading the bible. Really, is it relaxing to read the bible? No, it isn't, not for me. I got to do a unicursal labyrinth and last night we had some swing dancing, during which I got to dance with a number of really nice guys. It was like a weekend full of fellowship with each other and getting to know everyone there. So, it was good. As most of you know who read this, the church I attend is extremely liberal. We accept everyone. I mean everyone when I say it too. And people have recognized this and have started attending. For instance, Sam and I shared a bunk room with our Associate Minister Sharon and her wife. It's always nice to enter a space where everyone is accepted and loved, and that was this weekend. I felt like the rest of the world dropped away entirely and it was difficult to come back to the house I have to take care of till Wednesday and all the reading I have to do for class. Oh! And we had a coctail hour with wine and cheese... it was apparently something our minister really wanted to have. People got a bit more interesting after that, probably why more people ended up dancing that I had expected!
Oh, and I am sick. I have a cold which started Friday afternoon. So the weekend wasn't entirely wonderful.

Tomorrow I get to visit with my friend Drew who has spent the last year in France. I've known her since 7th grade, so she stands as my 2nd longest friend, and one of the closest. You know how some friends you have just understand who you are better than others? Well Drew is one of those friends.

Tomorrow I also get to have the doctor tell me how bad my vision has become over the last few years without changing the prescription for my glasses like I should have.

No comments: