Thursday, October 13, 2005


Currently Reading

Earth Prayers From around the World: 365 Prayers, Poems, and Invocations for Honoring the Earth

By Elizabeth Roberts

Were I still in Kansas at KU, I'd be on Fall Break right now. It is very needed. I guess my own mini Fall Break is not having to do the Teen Advisor Training for GS on Sunday (3 hours + prep time!) because only 2 people are registered. I have a paper on the state of ecotourism in the Galapagos to write and suddently don't remember how this whole paper writing/research thing goes. Urhg.
Sam is coming home this weekend and we'll do a family movie night tomorrow and go see the new Wallace and Grommit movie (*cheese!*).
Saturday I work with Brian and Kenn at the Fort Collins Museum on some LSOP funtimes. I'm presenting on sound... how sound is a wave bouncing around in an instrument... blah blah. Anyways, I'm having kids make their own amplification cones for a record player we got to play old 78s. And Brian pulled out his antique Victrola that I can play for them as well (it is really suprisingly loud) and then I'll probably also have a guitar to play and talking strips to hand out. It should be fun!
It is amazing where you can find support from people when you are having a rough time with life. Acutally, in general it is amazing how many people are actually willing to help you when you ask them for it! For instance, the assistant director of service learning (Hannah, you will be getting a package SOON, I promise) came to talk to my research methods class a week ago and now after having met with him he is going to help me with my proposal(he's an anthropologist PhD specializing in indigenous culture empowerment in Central America!!!) and will probably help me get into an Alternative Breaks trip to Panama over Spring Break. This guy is seriously really cool.Also, my boss Brian has been so nice to me. I think I've cried in front of him at least twice. He's one of the infuriating people who can read when someone is upset and actually cares enough to ask what's up. He's also funny, saying he'd like to go beat up whomever/whatever is causing my distress because he's funny like that. It's nice to know when you work for someone who is decent.
So, I'm going to continue to work on my statistics homework. It's a never-ending process!
Please call me by my true names, so I can wake up,and so the door of my heart can be left open,the door of compassion. Thich Nhat Hanh

Ooh Panama - that would be cool ( - :Glad to hear you have some cool people over there to keep you company.Hope all is well!Terri
Posted 10/14/2005 10:30 AM by BluesOn22s

Take it easy sometimes, woman=). Sounds like you have a lot of cool things goin on- be good to yourself=).
Posted 10/16/2005 12:24 AM by Shannona

No comments: