Saturday, October 22, 2005

Currently Watching
Gilmore Girls - The Complete First Season
By Lauren Graham

Friday Afternoon Club...
I walked in the door, FAC hadn't even started yet, but people were milling around b/c a ceremony for induction of some leaders in apartment life into ILUHAC (or something) and not a minute after entering I run into James and Amy who both mention that I ought to come country dancing with them that night. Discussion ensues during which the other 2/3rds of the Trio (as James, Erik and Rob will now be called) show up and begin harrassing me to come as well. They finally get tired, I finally extract myself and Elliot shows up and convinces me to eat some of the leftover goodies. I get introduced to some more people unsuccessfully and head to my room, but not before Elliott invites me to the opera put on my CSU Music Dept. that night. To continue... FAC actually starts, I get free Subway for dinner and mill around once I've finally put my backpack in my room (maybe 45 minutes after arriving home). A little speech about Ramadan was very interesting, I tried a date and then started chatting with Onur (from Turkey). THEN! Marlies from my department shows up (she's from the Netherlands) which was great because she's so nice and actually my age. We all chat together about Turkish weddings (3 days long) and then I get invited out to some korean guy's birthday party by Marlies and Onur. I decline b/c really, all I wanted to do that night was watch 'Crash' after FAC being shown by another really nice gal, Veronica (El Salvador). The movie was great. You should see it if you have't already. Apparently McDonald's now rents movies for a buck and amazingly has movies such as Crash (where Veronica got hers). Then after the movie I was chatting with Veronica who introduced me to Nasr (Egypt) who introduced me to Tim. The night ended with Tim, Nasr, Amy and I going out for coffee at Alley Cat and playing chess till 1am when Nasr and Tim suggested going to Black Jack for an extra large pizza, which Amy and I declined and then I finally got to go to bed. All this and I've only been here 3 weeks.
So. I am completely amazed at the people who live here and associate with I-House and apartment life. I am amazed at myself handling it so well. This is probably the greatest place I have lived ever. I loved the hall, I still love the hall and really miss all my good friends and the fun atmosphere. I miss having amazing roomies (mine is somewhat reclusive), but this is better. I'm learning how to interact with a more diverse group of people (including the fact that there are now men in the picture as opposed to an all girls hall) than I have ever had to before. This, this my friends is good.

No comments: