Monday, October 03, 2005

iQue dios!

I just spent an hour listening to a presentation in espanol which I actually understood most of. Now, however, I am finding myself thinking in spanish more than I normally do, which is somewhat annoying. But good. If it only took an hour for me to be thinking in Spanish (mainly just how would I say what I'm saying/writing in Spanish if I had to) maybe learning the language over again won't be so hard. I think I surprised some people with my 'skill' when I introduced myself. Ha!

Wicked was SOOOOO amazing!!! I saw it with Sam on Saturday and the seats were phenomenal, despite being labeled "obstructed view." We were in the 6th row in the left side orchestra seating kinda in the middle of the row. Stephanie K. Block and Emily Rozek were Elphaba and Glinda (the Ga is silent!). Ms. Rozek was an understudy but was so good! It's amazing how much you miss when you just listen to the soundtrack, and now everything on the soundtrack means so much more. OH! Also exciting, Carol Kane was Madame Morrible. Ms. Kane was the witch who lived with Billy Crystal's character in the Princess Bride. I had no idea that she did stage! She was incredible. The audience in Denver was really into the show too, they were very enthusiastic, laughed in the right parts, applauded thunderously. SO... it was very very good. You must see it if you have the opportunity to.

Now I'm working on a presentation I give on the Galapagos in my ecotourism class tonight. I have to do well because not only is my professor my advisor, but some people from the Center for Protected Area Management (one of whom just included me in a proposal for spring funding to create some training videos en espanol) will be there during the presentation to talk about the Galapagos and their personal experiences there. Huy!

adios mis amigos buenos!

No comments: