Sunday, January 01, 2012

One of the things I've been curious to find out more about, when reading the blogs of others on spending fasts, is how much they get paid a month. I do not get a bundle, and it is hard to imagine having as much success as others when I see what I get per month.

I know I'll be saving, and that is all that matters, but I'm wondering what my results will look like comparatively.

I'm excited to have started the fast because it reminds me of when I first got my job, 3.5 years ago. I was so excited by the thought that if I saved 1/2 my salary a year, I'd be able to pay off student loans within a few years. Well, I hadn't yet factored in the cost of living in my new town, not on a graduate school budget.

So while I might not be able to put 1/2 of my yearly earnings towards savings/loans, I look forward to figuring out exactly how much I can put towards debt. It might be something more like 1/8th of my salary, but it will be 1/8th more than I did before!

No comments: