Saturday, September 11, 2004

Currently Reading A Ring of Endless Light (Austin Family) By Madeleine L'Engle see related

I haven't gotten anything done today, but I had a great day nonetheless! I wonder if those are mutually exclusive events: having fun and getting things done...
Finally got to see Ben and Steph today. They have such a cute place and it was so fun to just hang out with them. Mainly I got help on my physics homework... and I think I am overthinking all these problems. They seem to be a bit easier than I make them out to be. But anyways. I got invited to stay for dinner, and I had my first hamburger since 3 years or so! Wow. It was really good too. A good way to break the habit I guess. I don't know why I'm suddenly eating meat. It hasn't been sudden either. I've been eating bits here and there for a while now. I'm kinda amazed at how easy it is to go back to eating meat. Maybe it's because I never gave up fish to begin with so my body can still digest the stuff effectivly. Anyway, it was fun to see Steph and Ben rejoyce as if it was the crazyest thing to see me eating meat. I guess there are people who have only known me as a non-meat eater. That is a strange thing to think about. There are some people who have only known me in the context of our hall. There are some people who only know me in the context of IB. Wierd.
It was kinda like when I showed some pictures to Naomi from a camping trip I was on. I had curly hair at the time, and she saw a picture of me before the curls and was shocked! She hadn't known me before I had curly hair, and amazingly enough (I mean, it wasn't the greatest perm) thought I had this naturally curly hair. Things like that are crazy. Perspectives and such.
So the nice day is coming to an end, and I might just send it out with a bang by watching a movie....and grading lab assignments. I can't get away from the stinking things! They pervade my existance just clamoring to be graded. Once they're graded I begin to feel like I can move on to other homework. Like studying for a biostats test, or...
I wish I was more cosmic. I've been reading Madeline L'Engle recently... and through her characters I can tell she's cosmic. Talking about the "deep but dazzling darkness" etc... and God. I love her writing and I think everyone should give her a try sometime. I think A Ring of Endless Light is probably one of the best of her books to start with (even if it is out of order w/ the Austin books).

Ok, time to get something done!

No comments: