Sunday, October 03, 2004

Currently Reading Physics : Principles and Applications (6th Edition) By Douglas C. Giancoli see related

I am now back in the real world after a heavenly (except the 32 degree temps Friday night!) 24+ hours at Hidden Valley with the Girl Scouts. I met my Mortar Board 4th grade pen pal, and two others, I ate a smore and a banana boat, I played games with little girls for 6 hours straight yesterday and sang songs with them 2 hours Friday night. I hid from them and then taught them about the seasons when they found me, and I got so many hugs! I love Girl Scouts, where else can you get all this and a deep sense of fulfilment at having helped another and done a good job? Oh I'm glad I am a Girl Scout, there's nothing I'd rather be... (line from a song).
I think the best part is just that I am there for the girls, and providing them a good rolemodel and illustrating to them that Girl Scouts can be forever and it is cool to be a Girl Scout all your life. I'll bet a great number of these 4th and 5th graders will soon be dealing with mixing Girl Scouts and Junior High together and that mix not being so cool. If my being there this weekend helped one girl believe that being "uncool" in the eyes of a classmate for being a Girl Scout is OK, then I feel like I've done my job.

So yeah, after that I now have to prove that being a Girl Scout and doing my job is not infringing in my abilities to be a good student... time to study!

No comments: