Sunday, February 20, 2005

Currently Playing
Keep It Together
By Guster
wishing I had the whole album
see related

EDIT:
And now, a poem:

I stand on an edge, overlooking the world
One leap and I enter it
Should I stay, I do not grow
At least I’ll always have the choice

I look behind me
Pictures of a life lived
Shy, laugher, growth, learning
My feet shuffle forward, toes hang over the edge...
Still I stare back at all I’ve known

I can feel excitement crawling up my legs
I feel reluctance tugging at my brain
To enter the world or remain static
I smile to myself as I leap forward
Into the world

It was rough tonight, finalizing relationship issues, I'd not done it before and new thoughts keep springing up in my mind about break-ups. Do we feel like we need to make a point because it is the last time we get to try and change that person? In any case, I have no regrets, though I probably should. All I can say is I've learned some important things, and that now is the time for anger and sadness to pass, it is time to move on.

~~~~~~~
So I worked last night and it went quite well. I was working backstage and with a nice Sophmore, Candace. She's who I shadowed, so she taught me all about it and the recital went very well. Luckily I work with her again at recording on Tuesday for the Graduate Honors Recital auditions. So that's fun. It felt kinda cool to be turning lights up and down and opening the door for the performer and even placing stuff out on stage. So, I guess despite the initial misgivings, I'm going to be ok at this job.
Working on more grading again today. I also have a Mortar Board meeting and a house meeting. I am also going to try to get my research stuff done today as well so I can start up again with Craig ASAP.

No comments: