Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras party was absolutly wonderful! I am so proud of all the women in this hall, I mean, we really pulled together to make the party a hit. It was well decorated, had good food, and lots of our girls came! We did an even greater job considering the co-sponsor of the event, KK, didn't even send any guys over to help decorate except JP and Lance. JP didn't do one thing (that I know about) to help and ended up going to a concert during the event, and Lance was a god. He was so helpful and nice. Then the other KK guys come and steal the pop to take home with them. Come On!
So I was basically busy last night from 5-11ish setting up and cleaning up. But it was a hit, we had a large number of Schol Hallers come despite the 3 inches or so of snow:) We threw beads, had a lot of karaoke singing.
Afterwards because of a little planned spontenaity Shannon and I walked over to the Hawk at about midnight. She had mentioned earlier that she hadn't been and maybe wanted to see it. So, we did. It was fun, course when you are around drunks it is more fun to be drunk too (I'm assuming) so it wasn't the most fun we could have had, but it was all the fun we wanted to have! It was a good shock back to the reality of campus life. This is a huge part of the culture in college and though I don't really understand the whole getting drunk constantly bit, it was fun. We talked, looked around, saw some people we know and then headed back up the hill to go to bed. I may have to go back with more friends. There was dancing downstairs:) It reminded me of the fun times at the bar this summer with the teachers.
And now I've got to dig my car out of the snow so I can get to class!

No comments: