Sunday, February 06, 2005

Currently Playing No Name Face By Lifehouse see related

Nothing much new today. Just procrastinating my work... however I don't have an awful lot I need to get done by tomorrow. Currently I am getting slightly annoyed at the GTA I work with when teaching 150 labs. He wants to grade everything in each lab report, not just two or three problems. So I do this, and finish my first round of grading the new way and of grading a new bunch of kids. My average is lower than his two and he suggests that to keep lab averages similar I grade all the lab reports and he does all the quizes. Seeing as though he is already letting me do a lot more work than last time I 'team' taught I feel like his priorities are more important than mine, just because he is a graduate student. Maybe I'm not being fair. Anyways, I do not want to grade 74+ lab reports fully each week. I could barely keep up when I did this last semester with only grading 2-3 questions. I guess I just need to let him know this. GRR. Jason was so easy to work with... I miss him!

Nina gave me a copy of her Lifehouse CD. I love it!! Woohoo, thanks Nina! Hanging by a Moment is my favorite song so far... course I liked it before listening to the entire cd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a whole lot of grading. I forget, you get paid by semester instead of per hour, right? That doesn't benefit you much. My bio lab lady graded like 6-8 problems that were most important she felt. That helped b/c it was more than 2-3 (where you're screwed if you don't get those 2 right) but not as ridiculous as grading the ENTIRE lab. Would he let you compromise?

Posted 2/7/2005 at 11:56 AM by steph421