Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I'm back from Lander, WY and it was a really amazing trip! We visited two schools, one on Monday and one on Tuesday. Monday was Wyomin Indian Elementary School, and the kids were all so excited about the science we brought to show them. There were a few times I was completely mobbed by a group of young Arapahoe girls and dragged around the light room to look at the different activities. At lunch I sat down with a group of fourth graders who innundated me with questions enough so that by the time they left to go back to class, I looked up and saw the rest of my group of Little Shoppers standing around waiting for me to finish my food, and I was only half-way through what I was eating! Also at lunch I had this one little girl come up to me and ask "Are you a scientist?" and when I said, "Yes!" she ran back to her group of friends and I overheard her informing her group that yes, I was infact a scientist, to a chorus of "woooowwwww!" :):):):):) SOOOOOOOO COOOOLLLLL!Tuesday was good too... I can't remember the name of the school we were at, but it was mostly Shoshone kids. A completely different atmosphere from the day before... very laid back. The kids were excited, but not as crazy. And we had some really great questions from interested kids about how the experiments worked. Also the moment with the seventh graders taking around the kindergardners to look at the experiments was precious too. They were so nice and kind and made sure to show the kiddos what was going on with the experiments. Good stuff!

Additionally... the trip was me and three guys and Brian. For not having spent this much time with four men entirely unrelated to me before, the trip went really well, and not as much teasing occured as I thought would. However, there were a few more inappropriate comments than I expected, and that wasn't the greatest, but it mainly came from Kenn, who I would have expected to say awful things anyways. We stayed in this great place called the Bunk House, which was just a little room off a storeroom at the Lander Llama Company. The loft had three twin beds, and downstairs had a fireplace, bathroom, stove, minifridge, pull-out sofa and double bed and food! A great, relaxing place to stay... complete with llama puzzle:)

Oh, and now I've been picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder twice. Both were sneak attacks after some body slams (where you run and jump into someone, throwing them across the ground). Very fun stuff.

Crazy, I had no idea you were going to WY! It looks like the place you stayed was awesome though- big job perk :) Happy belated Thanksgiving!
Posted 11/25/2005 9:50 PM by steph421

No comments: