Thursday, November 17, 2005

Well, the literature review is done! It isn't the best thing I have ever written, but that doesn't really matter at this point. Also, the EPA grant isn't going to happen, but some other grant is, so now I'm working on a prospectus, which is a one page summary of the grant that is sent out to various foundations that look like they might support what we want to do. I'd done a lot of work for the EPA grant, so it's slightly annoying that it ended up being this wild goose chase, but I learned some incredibly valuable information. If you want to get your project done, look for a grant that fits what you want to do, rather than trying to fit your project to a specific grant. And since we did get everyone to sit down together for once, I have a much clearer idea of what these videos are going to be all about.
I also learned something pretty valuable from my advisor yesterday after the meeting was all over. Now everything that I do needs to relate to my project so that I can get it done and get out of CSU as fast as possible. No dallying along the way. If I work with this grant, it has to be because it will benefit somehthing having to do with my thesis, and also it would be good if I could get me some money too. What a different perspective. I thought I didn't want to become a doctor because I had to focus... but I guess anything post graduate level you have to focus:)
I can still make rocking apple pies! I made one last night for our staff meeting at work today. I have to make another one tonight for FAC tomorrow evening.

Lastly, I applied for a Manager's Assistant job here at I-House. It's only 4-8 hours a week, but the pay is 7.25 an hour! That extra bit of money coming in each week would be so helpful. I'd be working on the newsletter that comes out each month and also doing random secretarial/office type stuff. And the positivie is, I really like one of the managers at I-House, she cracks my shit up.

heh,... I've never used that phrase before, but it totally applies to Amy!

No comments: