Monday, December 12, 2005

Tonight I got to participate in some package wrapping at the new Barnes and Noble in Loveland with Clayton, the director of service learning at CSU. He's going with us on the Panama trip because he knows Spanish. He's such a neat guy, and we had just wonderful conversation the past two hours. I met him before Panama because he came to chat with my research methods class about service learning and involving the community in your research etc. And then I met up with him after that to just discuss how my project will be different becuase I'm going into the Peace Corps.
So tonight was great because we just had lots of conversation about how the country is treating change towards being more inclusive of different cultures and how we deal with the change, and how it isn't inclusive and stuff about indigenous cultures and how people alienate themselves and then come back to the culture depending on what is more beneficial. Anyways, incredibly interesting. So during this 2 hour period I came along alot further in my thinking about grades verses just having great life experiences. I have an awful statistics test tomorrow morning, but I would rather have had this conversation tonight than an A on my final and in my class. I feel much better about life if I have these experiences, rather than focusing so much on my studies. Maybe it's a handy way to excuse myself from the studying that needs to be done, but so far my life experiences haven't gotten in the way of anything I want to do academically.

So now, I do continue to study:)

haha, I think I called you back like right after you entered this post! I like to disrupt people's studying! You better watch out or you're gonna like two boys :) Heather's such a guy magnet.
Posted 12/12/2005 10:10 PM by steph421

Oh Kansas and evolution...Grades are sooooo overrated.
Posted 12/13/2005 11:32 AM by Shannona

No comments: